Book Review: The Last Town (Wayward Pines #3) by Blake Crouch



The Last Town by Blake Crouch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Publisher: Thomas & Mercer


Summary:   Welcome to Wayward Pines, the last town.

Secret Service agent Ethan Burke arrived in Wayward Pines, Idaho, three weeks ago. In this town, people are told who to marry, where to live, where to work. Their children are taught that David Pilcher, the town’s creator, is god. No one is allowed to leave; even asking questions can get you killed.

But Ethan has discovered the astonishing secret of what lies beyond the electrified fence that surrounds Wayward Pines and protects it from the terrifying world beyond. It is a secret that has the entire population completely under the control of a madman and his army of followers, a secret that is about to come storming through the fence to wipe out this last, fragile remnant of humanity.




I enjoyed this third book in the series. It was my monthly Amazon Prime read. It wasn't the page turner the first was for me but there was plenty going on and the pace kept up. I won't spoil but I can say that I didn't see the reveal in the epilogue coming. That totally threw me and if I'm honest, ticked me off a bit. Now I don't know if that's the end or there'll be another series to come (which I'll have to read to get the answer). I would have been completely satisfied had I skipped the epilogue and it would have felt like an ending. So, my advice if you're looking to tie this one off in your mind, skip the epilogue. Just don't read that bit and save yourself the frustration. Definitely recommended for those who've already begun this series but remember, the epilogue. 3.5 stars from me.



No comments