Book Review: Galactic Energies by Luca Rossi



Galactic Energies by Luca Rossi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Publisher:  Luca Rossi


Summary:  The artificial intelligences of DataCom are trying to save the planet… by exterminating the human race. Aurelia finds her perfect man: a robot. The space explorer Captain Arcot sacrifices his life for an impossible conquest, the heart of Vril the vampire queen. A shape-shifting mutant ignites the erotic desires of the galactic police officer who's been tracking her down. Alessio fights against corruption in a universe of his own creation. An innocent man is forced to submit to the domination of a ruthless prison director. A king who's forgotten his own past wanders through a magical dimension where he discovers his own history. Two souls separated after one abandons the other meet again in another life. In an exciting virtual reality game, the hunter of the fearsome black widow becomes her prey. 



Because I most like stories in which there’s time to get to really know characters, I rarely get around to reading short stories so this was a treat. I enjoyed most all of the stories save The Kingdom of Turlis and Arcot and the Queen. There was nothing wrong with those stories but I just wasn’t as much interested in the fantasy angle of the former nor the vampire theme of the latter. My favorite stories were the first part of Rewind, Life in Prison (I still want to know why the man was arrested!), The Perfect Family (engaging but grim) and Clouded Emotions (a great ender that left me wanting a bit more). Forms of Love was well done but didn’t speak to me deeply. Latrodectus Mactans was Kafka-esque and frankly I was skeeved by the whole spider thing, so while well done, I was a bit glad when that one was over. Also, there’s sort of a foot theme that drops in occasionally in a few of the stories. None of the stories struck me as erotic in the least but the sexual encounters characters had were well written. I’m glad I chose this as my Prime borrow & would recommend this. Also, I would read more from this author.

No comments