Review: The Magic Wakes


The Magic Wakes
The Magic Wakes by Charity Bradford

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I loved the world-building! I thought the romance was okay (not bad, but certainly not anything new). I'm not too much for magic but I loved it here & there were dragons. Dragons! That was a neat twist. Talia was a well rounded character & she was fairly easy for me to follow along with. Landry took longer for me to get into. There wasn't anything wrong with him by any means but the romantic set up is something that I take as a thing that is a part of so many stories that it's sometimes a little more work to win me over there.

Between Talia's nightmares & the terrorist type things happening in Joharadin, I was pretty easily wrapped up in this story. I loved all the tech & descriptions of the city but would have liked maybe a little more patina on the people who populated this world (other than our mains). I don't know if there will be a sequel but this was tied up so well that I would be satisfied if this is a stand alone. I will read a sequel if one comes along.



View all my reviews

No comments