Just Finished Reading: His Last Duchess

His Last Duchess His Last Duchess by Gabrielle Kimm

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


With most books that I love (& by love, I mean rate with 5 stars) & recommend, I tend to say the least. Possibly because I've little to complain or criticize with the story & execution & if given the chance, I'd divulge every beautiful detail & plot point spoiling it for anyone else looking to read it. I will say this is a beautifully & vividly crafted story. I felt like I was there from the first page to the last. When you're reading & realize that your breath is hitched because the tenor of the scene has coiled taut around your neck like piano wire (or in this case, that cord of red gems), you know you're caught up in the story. I will definitely be reading more from Gabrielle Kimm & she will now be on my list of "always read historical fiction". Margaret George has been all alone on that list for a while now. LOL



View all my reviews

No comments